nanog mailing list archives

Re: The scale of streaming video on the Internet.

From: Antonio Querubin <tony () lava net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:41:32 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Jack Bates wrote:

I sure as hell need to read up again. I keep getting sidetracked with other things. Perhaps after I wrap up the IPv6 rollout, I can get back to Multicast support. I believe most of my NSPs support it, I just never have time to iron out the details to a level I'm comfortable enough to risk my production routers.

With the pending large scale IPv6 deployment across the Internet, service providers have a unique opportunity to deploy IPv6 multicast alongside IPv6 unicast instead of trying to shim it in afterwards. The various IPv6 wikis could use a good sprinkling of multicast howtos.

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  tony () lava net