nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Your email message was blocked

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:41:25 -0600

On 12/17/2010 7:11 AM, Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo wrote:
Notwithstanding the laugh and the fun, these are the times when I lose
a bit of faith in mankind. Why there are always people out there
pretending to know "what it's best for you" ?

The keep for 5 days often means that they have a quarantine release for the recipient. It is also very possible that they have rule selection options on a recipient basis, which is not "what is best for you" but "you chose this". I'm not saying it is the case here, but there is a high probability, as their customers would scream otherwise. Exceptions are if it's corporate mail, but I'm not sure that is the corp mail server.

Jack