nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 PMTUD and OS-X

From: Vyto Grigaliunas <vyto () fnal gov>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:15:46 -0500

1220? I am pretty sure the minimal IPv6 MTU is 1280 and that below it
fragmentation should be handled by the medium that transports packets
smaller than that.... Can you enlighten me >> Bill? :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but last I heard IPv6 routers do not do
fragmentation...it's up to the IPv6 end hosts to properly determine the path
MTU.

Thanks...

Vyto