nanog mailing list archives

Re: Tagged vlan inside isolated pvlan

From: David Freedman <david.freedman () uk clara net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:11:03 +0100

sfouant () shortestpathfirst net wrote:
  Hello,

I have a catalyst 6503 with sup32 and was trying to set a tagged vlan
inside a pvlan. Basically I wanna have the behavior of:

switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 101
switchport protected.

So that other machines connected to the 6503 won't be able to
communicate with this port (apart from the uplink) and in the same time
I want to have vlan 101 tagged in the isolated port.

Check out
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/31sga/configuration/guide/pvlans.html#wp1130380
for more information on configuring PVLANs for trunking.

Not on 6500 I'm afraid, the featureset on everything else compared to
cat4k/nexxus is quite crippled, you'll find lots of important things
missing on 6500 in PVLAN that are down to I believe hardware limitations.

Dave