nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question of privacy with reassigned resources

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:17:17 -0400

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 08:58:48 EDT, William Herrin said:

It takes some creative reading to think I claimed using an alternate
but still correct address (e.g. supplied by mailboxes etc.)
constituted fraud. Alternate != redacted.

Right.  The point is that by the same "what is the personal gain" standard, it
isn't obvious that redacted == fraud by definition. If I have an alternate
physical mailbox and a redacted electronic address for the exact same reason
(privacy and security), how is one fraudulent and the other not?