nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lightly used IP addresses

From: Marshall Eubanks <tme () americafree tv>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:59:04 -0400

On Aug 13, 2010, at 2:49 PM, Nathan Eisenberg wrote:

Is this upstream going to cut that customer off and
lose the revenue, just to satisfy ARIN's bleating?

Isn't this a little bit like an SSL daemon?  One which refuses to process a revocation list on the basis of the
function of the certificate is useless.  The revocation list only has authority if the agent asks for and processes
it.  Would you use this SSL daemon, knowing that it had this bug?

It seems to me that most people trust certificates even if there is no certificate authority at all, revocations or no.
So if "you" means "the market," I would say the answer is yes.

Regards
Marshall

I would consider a transit provider who subverted an ARIN revocation to be disreputable, and seek other sources of
transit.

Best Regards,
Nathan Eisenberg
Atlas Networks, LLC