nanog mailing list archives

Re: Policy Based Routing advice

From: Andrey Khomyakov <khomyakov.andrey () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:33:01 -0400

I dont' think this will work. Here is the formal description of "set
interface" from cisco.com:

This action specifies that the packet is forwarded out of the local
interface. The interface must be a Layer 3 interface (no switchports), and
the destination address in the packet must lie within the IP network
assigned to that interface. If the destination address for the packet does
not lie within that network, the packet is dropped.

Since in my case the packets are destined to random addresses on the webz,
my understanding that this will effectively be a drop statement for them.

But, no, I have not tried it.