nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google wants your Internet to be faster

From: Jason Iannone <jason.iannone () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 12:46:50 -0600

http://googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.com/2010/08/joint-policy-proposal-for-open-internet.html

Pretty boiler plate pro net neutral.  The transparency requirements
and 'differentiated services' exceptions are particularly interesting.

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Reese <reese () inkworkswell com> wrote:
On 09 Aug 10 12:32 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:

* Graham Beneke:

On 09/08/2010 07:21, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

I helped install my first Akamai cluster before year 2000 if I remember
correctly. So it's at least a decade ago :P

What I find funny is that Google has already been running these kinds
of content distribution nodes in Africa for over a year.

They certainly have got infrastructure all over the globe.

Hmmm. "If it plays in [insert name of locale in Africa]" will not have
the same ring as "Peoria." For the older genset anyway. Maybe if it rhymes?
Spoken to a musical backdrop? The current crop of youts will
not hesitate once.

The Verizon is probably just a private peering agreement, and someone
misinterpreted that (or deliberately misrepresented it).

Or it was supposed to be a secret. G was still denying any sort of
agreement with V, last I heard.

Reese