nanog mailing list archives

Re: Senderbase is offbase, need some help

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 19:07:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010, William Herrin wrote:

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Mike <mike-nanog () tiedyenetworks com> wrote:
  I've tried to get the attention of senderbase, which is claiming activity
from my address space which is in fact either un-routed or within dynamic
subscriber blocks that have outbound smtp filtering in effect.

Interesting; I see similar results for my address space. Two
addresses, one of which hasn't been attached to a machine for a decade
and the other a virtual IP on a web server where the particular IP
never emits connections. Magnitude's only "0.48" for both but still,
they shouldn't even appear.

I suspect a bug in their system. I checked a handful of unrouted blocks from our address space and eventually hit a /24 from which senderbase lists an IP with magnitude 0.48, but the space hasn't been routed for 13 months. They say they saw something from it on 2010-04-06...which I'd say is highly unlikely.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |