nanog mailing list archives

Re: DSL "aggregation".... NO

From: Truman Boyes <truman () suspicious org>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:42:31 -0400

Hi Bill,

You can do this in JUNOS as well with filter-based-forwarding. The key here is that you want to balance traffic out and
in on the two uplinks. I suspect you will need to src-NAT all the traffic unless you are announcing your own network to
the two DSL providers. You could also do some rudimentary (ie. hack)  balancing by having a route for 0/1 and 128/1
with different next-hops.

It's pretty easy to setup balancing on an OpenBSD box with PF as well.

Truman