nanog mailing list archives

Re: FCC dealt major blow in net neutrality ruling favoring, Comcast

From: David Andersen <dga () cs cmu edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:36:02 -0400

On Apr 12, 2010, at 3:08 PM, Paul WALL wrote:

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Richard Bennett <richard () bennett com> wrote:
One of the things I like about e-mail lists is learning things about myself
that I never knew before, especially regarding my occupation. For the last 9
months or so I've been working part-time with a Washington think tank in an
analyst capacity, not as a lobbyist, and not on the Comcast payroll.

You neglected to mention that the "think tank" (where I'm from in
Houston, we call them lobbys) is funded by Comcast, among other big
cable/telecom players.

In fairness to to the ITIF (his current employer), they're well-respected in their core area, studying innovation
policy.  I've seen some of the work done by Rob Atkinson (full disclosure:  Rob is currently visiting my university
giving a talk), and it's good.

That said, I dislike strongly Richard's M.O. of trying to stir up hornets nests by playing the fool/troll in order to
get NANOG and other venues to do his job for him, and I hope this statement doesn't come across as a defense of that.
I've already plonked him.

</off topic>

  -Dave