nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP hijack from 23724 -> 4134 China?

From: Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:49:08 -0700

On 4/8/10 1:36 PM, Brielle Bruns wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if someone is 'testing the waters' in China to
see what they can get away with. I hate to be like this, but there's a
reason why I have all of China filtered on my routers.

Amazing how much  SSH hammering, spam, and other nastiness went away
within minutes of the filtering going in place.

There comes a point where 'accidental' and 'isolated incident' become
"we no care" and "spam not illegal".  And no, i'm not quoting that to
mock, but rather repeat exactly what admins in China send to me in
response to abuse reports and blocking in the AHBL.

I think the folks at Google have been down the same path.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay () impulse net