nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

From: Cutler James R <james.cutler () consultant com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:57:00 -0400

No.  You get a different set of problems, mostly administrative.

On Apr 21, 2010, at 1:53 PM, Dave Sparro wrote:

On 4/21/2010 8:46 AM, Jim Burwell wrote:

Despite it doing the job it was intended to do, I've always seen NAT
as a bit of an ugly hack, with potential to get even uglier with LSN
and multi-level NAT in the future.  I personally welcome a return to a
NAT-less world with IPv6.  :)

Don't you get all of the same problems when there is a properly restrictive SPI firewall at both ends of the
connection regardless of weather NAT is used as well.

James R. Cutler
james.cutler () consultant com