nanog mailing list archives

RE: WS-X6148A-GE-TX performance question

From: "Crooks, Sam" <Sam.Crooks () experian com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:58:52 -0500

the other difference between WS-X6148-GE-TX and WS-X6148A-GE-TX is the A
has better QoS queuing potential (more hardware queues available) and a
lower list price...

As I recall, there are 6 ethernet controllers with 8 ports on each...
(8:1 oversubscription among the adjacent ports in a port group which use
the same ethernet controller).

The card is a Classic card, so the whole card is limited to 32 Gbps to
the backplane, which given the oversubscription ratio, shouldn't be much
of an issue...