nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Deployment for the LAN

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch () muada com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:33:15 +0200

On 21 okt 2009, at 22:23, Chris Adams wrote:

What we need is a thing that gives us what we need to
connect to the network (addresses, DNS servers) and then a pointer in
the form of an HTTP or HTTPS URL for all other configuration.

You want to invent yet _another_ form of configuration management?

Short answer: no, life is too short and I have other problems that need solving.

Long answer: what we have now is a mess, if we want to clean up the mess we have to get it right, and putting new options in binary protocols is not right in any way, shape or form.