nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 internet broken, cogent/telia/hurricane not peering

From: Matthew Petach <mpetach () netflight com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:53:17 -0700

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Mike Leber <mleber () he net> wrote:

We don't ignore comments about connectivity, in fact quite the opposite.
 We study each AS and which ASes are behind them.  We work on getting
peering with the specific AS, in the case that they are unresponsive,
getting the ASes behind them.

Among the things we do to discuss peering: send email to any relevant
contacts, call them, contact them on IRC, send people to the relevant
conferences to seek them out specifically, send people to their offices,
etc.

So far we stop short of baking cakes, but hey...

And tonight we saw in public that even that path is being attempted:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77519640@N00/4031434206/

(and yes, it was yummy and enjoyed by all at the peering BoF!)

So Cogent...won't you please make nice with HE.net and get back
together again?   ^_^

Matt
(speaking for neither party, but very happy to eat cake nonetheless)