nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Allocations

From: Matthew Petach <mpetach () netflight com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:22:39 -0700

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Simon Perreault <
simon.perreault () viagenie ca> wrote:

Esposito, Victor wrote, on 2009-10-19 16:01:
Since there is a lot of conversation about IPv6 flying about, does
anyone have a document or link to a good high level allocation structure
for v6?

See RFC 3531 and here:

http://www.ipv6book.ca/allocation.html

Simon

I'm sure I'm just dumb, but no matter what numbers I put into that
tool, it only spits out a series of /32s on the HTML output.  That
doesn't seem terribly useful, as most of us aren't going to be allocating
multiple /32s, we'll be splitting up a single /32 into smaller bits.

Matt