nanog mailing list archives

Re: I got a live one! - Spam source

From: Justin Shore <justin () justinshore com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 01:27:04 -0600

Russell Myba wrote:
Let's say our direct customer is CustomerA.  They seem to buy rackspace from
BusinessB.  CustomerA seem to retain BusinessC for "IT Solutions" even
though all three entities purport to be IT solutions providers.
BusinessC came into the picture after the spamming started saying a wholly
different /24 (Different from the spam source) "doesn't work".  It routes
fine on our end.  I have a feeling they've been added to some RBLs but I
haven't found them listed yet.

Just a simple ethernet handoff in a colo.  We delegated rDNS to the servers
of their choice and haven't heard a peep out of them until now.

I think it's an absolute crying shame that a freak bolt of lighting somehow fried their rackspace in the colo and didn't affect any of the surrounding neighbors. I hate it when that happens. It's karma I think...

Justin