nanog mailing list archives

Re: Who has AS 1712?

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:46:31 -0500

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer () nic fr> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:06:31AM -0500,
 Larry Blunk <ljb () merit edu> wrote
 a message of 29 lines which said:

it appears that AS1708-AS1726 were missed and have subsequently been
reallocated by ARIN (between Aug 18 and Aug 21, 2009)

Now, interesting question: what can we do to solve the problem? Who
should act?

I am quite surprised that it is possible to have the same AS number in
two different RIRs, to different organizations :-( IP resources
certificates will be difficult to deploy here.

oh! we can test out that 'transfer' policy now! :) lookie it's the
ip-resources grey market arriving early (or on-time, depending upon
which of Geoff's presentations you read over the years)

-Chris