nanog mailing list archives

Re: Upstream BGP community support

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:02:58 -0600

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
more accessible and therefore more likely to be used, I don't think
traffic engineering is something I particularly want to encourage to
excess but RTBH is a know that more people need access to quite frankly.

I think creating a standard or at least a template might push more people to adopt communities support and to use them. There are definitely times it is useful to redirect traffic 2 ASN's away through a longer route. In some cases (like my small self, I try to adopt policies that allow communities to me to also be rewritten to the corresponding peers communities to alter things as far as 3 ASN's away from my customer.

Jack