nanog mailing list archives

Re: Email filtering and protection Help

From: Phil Regnauld <regnauld () nsrc org>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 19:08:24 +0100

Mark Urbach (mark.urbach) writes:
Today we use Postini for inbound email protection.
Today we use Symantec's SMTP Gateway (running on Solaris) for outgoing email
filtering. (helps stop bad stuff from our customers sending email to the
Internet)  This SMTP Gateway software is "End of Life"

Does anyone have recommendations for other products/software to filter our
outgoing email, from our customers going to the internet.

        Are we talking virus protection ?

        You might want to look at something like amavisd-new or clamav in
        SMTP proxy mode.

        http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/
        http://www.clamav.net/

        Amavisd-new together with clamav and SpamAssassin will block a big
        chunk aof spam and viruses.

        Some vendors like Barracuda and IronPort do this as well, if you're
        willing to pay.

        Cheers,
        Phil