nanog mailing list archives

Re: Out of warranty APC PDU repair

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 23:19:59 -0700

Oliver Hookins wrote:
Hi all, hopefully this isn't too off topic (since it's datacentre related).

We have an APC AP7952 rack PDU which has stopped working. I believe the
management module is faulty, and it is about 5 years old. APC don't service
these outside of warranty at all so I'm trying to find a 3rd-party repairer.
So far APC doesn't seem to understand this concept.

The mangement module is a tiny 486 equivalent embedded linux box, I'm
not sure there's actually much to repair in there.

Can anyone suggest a company that would work on these units in Sydney,
Australia or nearby?