nanog mailing list archives

Re: Where to buy Internet IP addresses

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 10:36:29 +0200

My personal feeling is that 99% of home networks will use a single
/64, but we'll be giving out /60s and /56s to placate the 1% who are
going to jump up and down and shout at us about it because of some
reason that they feel makes it all unfair or that we're "thinking like
ipv4 not ipv6" etc.

a consumer auto-provisioning system which only gives out one size?
there is not a web site on which the customer can choose dynamically?
how 20th century.

folk who think about provisioning consumers should go to paris for a
week and be a free.fr customer.  brilliantly done.  [ and i am sure you
can find other things to do in paris as well. ]

randy