nanog mailing list archives

Re: Checking bogon status of new address space

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 08:59:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 May 2009, Oliver Hookins wrote:

my company has just been allocated some new IPv4 address space, and I want
to do some sort of automated testing to find out any ASs out there that
haven't removed the /8 it's on from their bogon list (the allocation to our
local registry only occurred in November last year).

Has anybody attempted to do this?

I don't think so. If I'd done this a little more than 6 years ago, I'd remember it, wouldn't I?

It is worth bothering?

Depends on what you're going to use the IPs for.

If you did just a bit of googling, you'd find all sorts of info on this topic.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |