nanog mailing list archives

[no subject]

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 16:21:26 -0400

Cc
Bcc:
Subject: Re: UCEProtect Level 3

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 04:10:41PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
It is.  I understand what they are trying to do but we were cut off
from some places because someone else in the huge upstream we are with
did something that appeared to be spam.  It's too broad of a brush.

(a) This discussion should probably be happening someplace other
than NANOG (spam-l or mailop, perhaps?), and

(b) If you feel that UCEProtect L3 paints with too broad a brush,
then you're certainly free not to use it.  I happen to agree with you
on this particular level of this particular DNSBL for my particular
applications, so I don't use it either.  However: I'm aware of other
folks who are using it quite effectively as *part* of a scoring system.

---Rsk