nanog mailing list archives

Re: First steps towards v6 support by ATT?

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:13:26 -0400

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Charles Wyble <charles () thewybles com> wrote:

Christopher Morrow wrote:

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Charles Wyble <charles () thewybles com>
wrote:

While researching at&t and ipv6 I came across
http://www.feise.com/~jfeise/blogs/index.php?blog=8 and also

doesn't that blog basically say: "it's broke Jim..." and that 7018
(really 7132) passes off the anycast into HE.net?

Yes. It does say it's broken. However it's entirely possible that AT&T hands
out different routes to their l33t enterprise/govt customers with t1 or
better who pay real money, vs end users.

yea... maybe they do, I don't see that from my view of 7018's routing
data (limited as it may be)

http://www.corp.att.com/gov/solution/network_services/data_nw/ipv6/

Looks like they have established a tunnel in the United States perhaps?

how did you gather that? Maybe Tom knows more about this and can let
us all know?

Remote Access Service to IPv6 Internet

   * Support IPv6 for small (or satellite) locations and individual remote
users
   * Reach a dynamically configurable IPv6 Tunnel Gateway through IPv4 ISPs
through fractional T1, DSL or dial-up access
   * The Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP) will be used to create tunnels to
transport IPv6 traffic over an IPv4 network to the gateway

wow, 'tsp'... uhm, what's that I wonder? This:
http://www.broker.ipv6.ac.uk/download.html

perhaps?? yeek!

Granted that doesn't necessarily mean it's in the United States, but I'm
guessing it would be due to being an offering targeted at the United States
Government. :)

Sure... I'd love to know though :)

Hence my request for more comments/information.

agreed

Maybe off topic for NANOG but then what does that even mean anymore? :)

I'm fairly sure that operating a network (even a v6 network) is
on-topic for nanog.