nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone using any Linux SSL proxies?

From: Andy Davidson <andy () nosignal org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 08:41:54 +0000

On 15 Mar 2009, at 18:04, Michael K. Smith wrote:

We use Apache with mod_security and mod_proxy to do this, although the
application is more as an application layer firewall than an SSL offloader. It works well for lower traffic applications; I haven't tested it under the
loads that are advertised by the hardware vendors you mentioned.

hi

If you have multiple back end worker web services, then you should investigate the mod_proxy_balancer module, as it gives you an extended feature set that helps in this regard.

Best wishes
Andy Davidson