nanog mailing list archives

Re: Shady areas of TCP window autotuning?

From: Lars Eggert <lars.eggert () nokia com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:13:59 -0700

Hi,

On 2009-3-16, at 7:09, Leo Bicknell wrote:
My wish is for the vendors to step up.  I would love to be able to
configure my router/cable modem/dsl box with "queue-size 50ms" and
have it compute, for the current link speed, 50ms of buffer.

if the vendors got active and deployed better queueing schemes, that'd be great.

In the meantime, we've also started some work that will allow bulk transfer applications to transmit in a way that is designed to minimize queue lengths: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ledbat-charter.html

Lars