nanog mailing list archives

Re: Redundant Array of Inexpensive ISP's?

From: Ken A <ka () pacific net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:17:48 -0500

Tim Utschig wrote:
[Please reply off-list.  I'll summarize back to the list if there
is more than a little interest in me doing so.]

Please do. There are many rural ISPs and WISPs that might benefit from a decent look at these products, or any open source clones that might be available to test & refine these tricks.

Pricing for even a fractional DS3 in the rural US is still very high. Being able to shift bandwidth from a colo facility in a large city to a remote site served by 3 or 4 consumer grade broadband links could be a helpful development, if the bottom line works out.

Thanks,
Ken

I'm curious if anyone has experience with products from Talari
Networks, or anything similar, and would like to share.  Did they
live up to your expectations?  Caveats?

--
Ken Anderson
Pacific Internet - http://www.pacific.net