nanog mailing list archives

Re: In a bit of bind...

From: Chris Meidinger <cmeidinger () sendmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:27:45 +0200

On 01.06.2009, at 12:59, Ben Matthew wrote:

Finally I've managed to successfully configure BIND 9 as a slave to a myDNS server and the AXFR transfers seem to be working fine. This strikes me as being quite a nice balance of ease of use and reliability in case myDNS fails on me. Ok I appreciate it doesn't get around security concerns but hey ho.

As far as as security, why have myDNS world-reachable at all? You can have bind feed off of myDNS without having anyone on the outside ever talk to the myDNS backend.

Chris