nanog mailing list archives

Re: Tor abuse FAQs

From: Steve Pirk <orion () pirk com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
A friend sent me these links:

      https://www.torproject.org/faq.html.en#ExitPolicies
      https://www.torproject.org/faq-abuse.html.en
      https://www.torproject.org/eff/tor-legal-faq.html.en
      https://www.torproject.org/torusers.html.en

Btw -- several folks have raised the issue of Iran.  Here's a blog
posting that may be of interest:

      https://blog.torproject.org/blog/measuring-tor-and-iran

An official site on what the "group" is doing is at:

http://nedanet.org/

On a related note, I posted a question about ipv6 a while back and the ticket I also opened is gertting bounced around with no one saying "yes, this is my space".

My ipv6 skills are seriously lacking... Can anyone shed light on how to find out "where" a certain IP is coming from? This device on a _very_ large pipe is becoming quite a pain.

[egrep@pixel notes]$ host gateway01.sikt.ir
Using domain server:
Name: 67.19.72.206
Address: 67.19.72.206#53
Aliases:

gateway01.sikt.ir has IPv6 address 2001:470:f15d:fe1d:33f:ad43:1:fa4

--
-steve