nanog mailing list archives

Re: Traceroute management

From: Nathan Stratton <nathan () robotics net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:31:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Dylan Ebner wrote:

My company uses it's internet connection primarily for VPN tunneling. I
have always wanted a tool that I can enter the peer ip addresses and it
will every 8 or 12 hours run a traceroute and log it so I can build
historical maps of the path our traffic is taking. Has anyone ever seen
any apps like this, preferably something that is free.

We ended up writing our own, take a look at perl Net::Traceroute throw it in a DB with DBI and then graph it with graphviz.

<>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com