nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon transparent web caching issue? WASRe: Data Center QoS equipment breaking http 1.1?

From: jay () miscreant org
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 10:34:12 +1000

Quoting up () 3 am:

Disregard my disregard.  The problem resurfaced with no changes on my
part.  I purged browser caches and tried them from 3 browsers and each
time:

http://www.countytheater.org

redirected to:  http://webmail.ns3.pil.net/ which is another NameVhost
on that server sharing that IP.  This is incorrect.  However, I then
switch from a Verizon connection to an ATT 3g connection on the IPhone
and the problem goes away.

Has anyone heard of upstream transparent caching issues causing this
kind of problem?  Does anyone else here get the redirect instead of the
correct page?

TIA

From .au the first 3 times I got pil.net. After that I got lots of 302's and finally www.countytheater.org loaded, however the url showing in the browser is http://ns3.pil.net/~jsanders/. Looking at the packet cap it looks like your apache is doing strange things.

--jay