nanog mailing list archives

Re: Happy Sysadmin Day

From: AMuse <nanog-amuse () foofus com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:02:30 -0700

Patrick: If you're surprised that someone is conflating 'Happy sysadmin day!" with "Hey by the way can you help me figure this out?" then you haven't been a sysadmin long enough! ;)

(yes, I know, you weren't surprised, just taking a lighthearted shot at the guy)

Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

I'm not on the MLC, but this strikes me as silly.

First, isn't outages@ that -> a -> way -> ??

Also, do people honestly think asking "why is L3 having issues" in an e-mail "Subject: Re: Happy Sysadmin Day" a good idea?

Perhaps you all need to realize that Ettore was an idiot - making good brakes is _hard_... er, sorry. :)