nanog mailing list archives

Re: The actual value, from a security standpoint, of using a proxy domain registrar?

From: Jeremy Hanmer <jeremy () hq newdream net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:40:17 -0700

Not everybody charges for the service.  Shop around.

On Jul 15, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Mike Lyon wrote:

I still think it's a huge waste of money.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Ray Sanders <
Ray.Sanders () villagevoicemedia com> wrote:

And that falls right into some of the scare tactic sales pitches the
domain registrars use.

"they can look up your domain and find your home address!"

Heck, even a p.o box could leave someone open to a stalker, if said
stalker is determined enough.

so yes, I'll concede that point to a certain extent.