nanog mailing list archives

Re: Public/testing 4to6 gateway?

From: Nathan Ward <nanog () daork net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:05:19 +1200

On 14/07/2009, at 4:23 AM, Rick Ernst wrote:

Either they don't exist, or my Google-fu is particularly bad this morning.

I'm trying to get my toes wet with IPv6.  I've established an internal
6to4/4to6 tunnel. I'd also like to have a testbed for access to public v6 sites. I'm also trying to find some clue at my upstreams, but figured I'd ask here as well. Are there any 4to6 gateway available? I have assigned v6
space.

Because I'm pedantic, 6to4 and 6in4 are two different things. It sounds like you want 6in4. They use the same encapsulation, but 6to4 has specific magic in how the outer IPv4 destination is built, taken from the inner IPv6 destination address.
6over4 is different again.

I think someone wrote a draft explaining this a while back.. not sure where or what it was called.

--
Nathan Ward