nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T and having two BGP peers

From: "Alex H. Ryu" <r.hyunseog () ieee org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:18:58 -0500

If it is the way AT&T have designed their product, there may be no other
way around.

From AT&T's viewpoint, it will add more complexity to troubleshoot.

If you pay extra, AT&T may have some solution for you.

Alex

Antonio Querubin wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Jay Nakamura wrote:

We are getting an Ethernet DIA circuit from AT&T but they insist that
they can't BGP peer with 2 routers on our side. The WAN circuit can
only have /30 they say. Has anyone been able to successfully talk
them in to bending their rule? If so, how?

Sounds odd. They do IPv6 tunnels using 2 tunnels/routers. The /30
reason is even more odd for an ethernet circuit.

Antonio Querubin
whois: AQ7-ARIN