nanog mailing list archives

Re: Drop in IPv6 traffic

From: michiel.muhlenbaumer () atratoip net
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:34:45 +0200 (CEST)

Michiel,

Thank you for the information.  Could you let us know if XS4All's free
v6 news feed went to zero, or was just dropped by some percentage?

I ask because the AMS-IX is frequently used as an example that v6 is
being heavily adopted.  If it is all one source for one application,
that is important information to the people fighting for v6 adoption.
Going from peaks of 1.4 Gbps to 0.4 Gbps is impressive.  If that 0.4
Gbps still includes some of your traffic, it is very impressive.

--
TTFN,
patrick

Hi Patrick,

The XS4All IPv6 service is run by .. XS4All. We (XS News) run a separate
service and we were responsible for the drop from ~950Mbit IPv6 traffic to
300M IPv6 traffic at 00.30 AM last night.

I'll put the service up again (wasn't notified) and we can continue
adopting IPv6 again ;)

Cheers,
Michiel