nanog mailing list archives

Re: Traffic Statistics for Yesterday

From: Justin Shore <justin () justinshore com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:39:02 -0500

Shon Elliott wrote:
Does anyone have any data on how the memorial event for Michael Jackson effected
the global backbones? This was seen as another inaugural type of traffic day to
most of the people I've talked to.

99.99% of my userbase is in the rural Midwest. Needless to say I saw no increase in bandwidth consumption. Now if it was a streaming memorial for George Strait, Garth Brooks, Little Jimmy Dickens or Willie Nelson I suspect the consumption would have been noticeably higher. I'm sure I would have had much higher bandwidth usage if the PBR National Championship was made available for streaming.

Justin