nanog mailing list archives

Re: CADR

From: Mark Andrews <marka () isc org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:15:59 +1000

In message <20090708025854.GA1519 () vacation karoshi com.>, bmanning () vacation kar
oshi.com writes:
On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 11:58:17AM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:

received a lot of good feedback with the conclusion that using a rest
ful
service would be a useful transport for this type of data transfer.
We certainly need your feedback on future services and encourage you
and others to join an upcoming ARIN meeting so that we can get good
direction from you and others.

Regards,
Mark (Kosters)

        DS (DNSKEY?) to parent is a general problem which needs to
        be solved for all delegations.  It would be nice if this
        could be completely in-band child master to parent master
        so humans were completely out of the loop except to establish
        the initial DS RRset in the parent.

        Mark (Andrews)

  hey, thats what the CADR tool does.  fully in-band maintainace
  for the child/parent interactions.  only needs manual re-keying
  if a party loses control of the credential.
  -- bill

    It would be nice if http://www.rs.net/cadr/ wan't a blank page.

    Mark (Andrews)

      You mean someone wants the code?  I'll be happy to put it back up
      if folks are interested.

        I wanted to look at it.  Updating the parent is something
        that need to be automated and if this does it well enough
        why re-invent the wheel if we don't have to.  I can see
        several way to do it within the DNS frame work.   Can I
        presume you are willing to have the method turned into a
        RFC?

        Mark

--bill
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka () isc org