nanog mailing list archives

RE: All Google Search Results: "This site may harm your computer."

From: "Frank Bulk" <frnkblk () iname com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:23:25 -0600

Sounds like a whitelist of URLs to check against the blacklist would be
appropriate here.

I know that content-filtering company 8e6 had a problem over 2 years ago
with some good well-known sites.  Somewhere around that time they hardcoded
categories for the top 500 sites, so that if something slipped through the
cracks again, the impact would be smaller.

Frank