nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP Unbundling circuits

From: Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon () blacklotus net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:41:49 -0500

I think they should pay *you* a deinstall fee just for suggesting
something like that.

Jeff

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:35 PM, JC Dill <jcdill.lists () gmail com> wrote:
Mark Kent wrote:

On a slightly related topic, a US-based colo outfit used by a company
I work with wants a fee to disconnect power to the cage.  The tenant
had been there for years and, at contract renewal time, was lobbied
hard ($$) by the colo company to reduce power consumption.

Did they mention a deinstall fee at this time?

The tenant worked for a few months and freed up 20 power circuits.
The colo then said that they had a disconnect fee for each power
circuit.

Now, I think a reasonable fee is $0.   The colo wants considerably more.
I won't bias you with the figure yet... please let me know what you
think is reasonable, either by experience or just as a thought exercise.

I think a reasonable fee is whatever is set in their contract - which I
suspect is $0.  You can't just tack on fees like this afterwards.

jc

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon () blacklotus net | http://www.blacklotus.net

Look for us at HostingCon 2009 in Washington, DC on August 10th - 12th
at Booth #401.