nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP on Mac OS X?

From: Alex Cruz Farmer <alex.cf+nanog () netsumo com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:47:22 +0000

Alex Cruz Farmer wrote:
cayle.spandon () gmail com wrote:
Does anyone known which open source BGP implementation I can get running
on Mac OS X Leopard with a minimum of fuss?

This is for experimentation only (not for a production environment) so I
am not too concerned about scaling and performance.

If any tweaking is needed to get it to compile / run on OS X, a pointer
to a website with instructions would be highly appreciated.

Hi,

More than definitely possible for Quagga on Mac OSX, a company here in the UK run their network on Mac Minis.

http://www.fubra.com/blog/2007/04/first-mac-mini-bgp-routers-on-worlds.html

Actually, I could be wrong here, I believe that they may run their Minis using Ubuntu, rather than OSX.

Apologies!