nanog mailing list archives

Re: Inauguration streaming traffic

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:38:11 -0500

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Brian Wallingford <brian () meganet net> wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Jay Hennigan wrote:

:We're a regional ISP, about 80% SMB 20% residential.  We're seeing
:almost double our normal downstream traffic right now.  Anyone else?

We're seeing traffic levels nearly 2x normal.  On 9/11/01, we were
probably only about 50% higher than the norm.  Of course, lots has
changed, so that's probably not a fair comparison.

As an aside... thanks to BBC for streaming this, I couldn't find
another source that wasn't overloaded/jerky/ugly :(

Thanks Brandon.

-Chris