nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone notice strange announcements for 174.128.31.0/24

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:23:35 -0600

Michienne Dixon wrote:
Interesting - So as a cyber criminal - I could setup a router, start
announcing AS 16733, 18872, and maybe 6966 for good measure and their
routers would ignore my announcements and IP ranges that I siphoned from
searching IANA?  Hm...  Would that also prevent them from accessing my
rogue network from their network?

It may or may not prevent them from accessing your rogue network. FYI, given that this is a reachability test, it sounds like this is exactly the question Randy should be able to answer in the results.

The other keys are, how effective is it at traffic engineering for load shifting and partitioning anycast.

Jack