nanog mailing list archives

Re: Single carrier multi-circuit asynchronous routing issue

From: Anders Lindbäck <list-only () dnz se>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:00:28 +0100

On 7 jan 2009, at 21.05, Niels Bakker wrote:

* aaron.millisor () bright net (Aaron Millisor) [Wed 07 Jan 2009, 20:53 CET]:
[..]
If I were to prepend the network 1.1.1.0 to come in on 'sprint 1', but have a route to 2.2.2.0 via 'sprint 2' so that traffic comes in on one circuit but returns on the other, routing is broken. If I change my route so that packets directed to 2.2.2.0 return on the same circuit that the traffic is received on, everything works fine.

You might be running into uRPF (unicast reverse path forward verification).

        -- Niels.

Strict-mode uRPF will couse this, I am sure sprint support can help you with it..

Anders Lindbäck
anders.lindback () dnz se