nanog mailing list archives

Craptastic Service! (was: Re: comcast price check)

From: "Ryan A. Krenzischek" <ryan () bbnx net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 00:46:44 -0500 (EST)

Yes, they do.  You can find more information here:

http://business.comcast.com/ethernet/dedicated-internet.aspx

Although, I'm sufficiently disappointed with Comcast's Business Cable service. I have had them since 6-NOV-2008 and they took 4 months and 1 week to fix a cabling problem at the head-end for my business Internet. Apparently the head-end was wired wrong in regards to how power was supplied to it. I had nothing but dropped packets and latency (400-500 MS, sometimes 1200 MS) problems. I lost so much business. I tried multiple times to speak with a manager but they would only pick up their phone after I sat for 30 minutes with the phone, pressing the redial key and placed 60 calls to them. I had to call their corporate office and file a complaint. I am still having dropped packet issues.

Comcast support also had the nerve to say it was my equipment and that I should immediately disconnect everything. Remind me again how is it my problem with *MY* equipment when the modem takes 25 minutes to sync/lock on the upstream channel?

I would *highly* recommend a T1 or partial T3. While they are more expensive and highly reliable, AT&T or other major telcos will fix the problem within a reasonable SLA. Comcast does NOT have a SLA. It took 4 months to fix my problems on a business account.

A Very Unhappy Comcast Customer,

Ryan Krenzischek