nanog mailing list archives

RE: Private use of non-RFC1918 IP space

From: Michael Hallgren <m.hallgren () free fr>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 23:50:38 +0100

Le lundi 02 février 2009 à 23:17 +0000, Johnny Eriksson a écrit :
Michael Hallgren <m.hallgren () free fr>:

Really really LARGE scalability testing that needs more addresses than
RFC1918 gives you.

Use IPv6.

For an IPv4 scalability test?  Interesting idea...

Plaisanterie of sorts... But off "plaisanterie," I ref. the statement
above.

Apart from the basic incompability here, my opinion of IPv6 is that it
just gives you 2^96 more addresses to repeat all the old mistakes with.

Some mistakes, sure; not all. Keep the multihoming game in mind, for
instance. Sure is that misuse is much possible also in the IPv6 space!

Cheers,

mh

--Johnny

--