nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Training

From: Jim Burwell <jimb () jsbc cc>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:16:50 -0800

On 12/23/2009 13:03, Mike Leber wrote:

Marty Anstey wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with IPv6 training
courses.

A quick search turns up a few results on the subject, but it would be
handy to hear if anyone has any firsthand experiences or
recommendations.
We're based in western Canada but don't mind traveling a bit, but
alternatively an online course would be acceptable as well.

Once you have IPv6 connectivity established (either native IPv6 or via
a tunnel from anybody (for example tunnelbroker.net or sixxs.net) if
you want a self teaching procedural guide where you can setup and test
various IPv6 services (HTTP, SMTP, reverse DNS, forward DNS, host
record glue) then you might checkout our free IPv6 certification
service at:

http://ipv6.he.net/certification

It's a bit tongue in cheek and meant to be sort of like entertainment
with education for engineers (for example the certification ranks are
from "Newb" to "Sage").  By the time you are done you are done IPv6
won't seem weird.  (In fact, you'll probably be thinking "that's it?!")

Tongue in cheek?  You mean I'm not *really* a Sage?  :p :p

The tunnelbroker.net forum is also a good source of info/discussion
about IPv6.  It'd be nice if it was a bit more "active" though.