nanog mailing list archives

Re: Routing to multiple uplinks

From: Peter Hicks <peter.hicks () poggs co uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:55:18 +0000

rodrick brown wrote:

This may be slightly off topic however I have a very unique situation where I need to provide two diverse paths to a major stock exchange. Each host may either use route A or B for any given reason to access this particular exchange using two distinct routers and target address.

Have you considered point-to-point circuits?

The applicatiOn running on these hosts must only see/use one target address this needs to be transparent as possible. NIC bonding/teaming on the host side isn't a viable solution because of the latency overhead same goes for vrrp/hsrp.

What latency do you mean when you talk about NIC bonding and VRRP?

Peter